GCC’s Adult Faith Formation programs explore a wide range of topics from practical spirituality, to historical theology, to contemporary events within a faith perspective. Adult education at GCC is designed to engage the members of the church and the wider community in spiritual growth and constructive change.
Spiritual Life Center
The Spiritual Life Team Ministry is based on a comprehensive interfaith research study on the nature of Spiritual Life in faith communities, designed and conducted by Rev. Bobbie McKay, Ph.D. A licensed psychologist, Rev. McKay is Pastoral Associate for Spiritual Life at GCC.
Designed by Rev. McKay, the Spiritual Life Team Ministry provides a safe space for people to share their spiritual lives and grow in their ability and comfort with prayer. The Spiritual Life Team Ministry is a unique and powerful opportunity to learn to identify and share God moments and prayers with others in an entirely safe environment. Teams meet for one hour each month. The teams concentrate on developing an understanding of spiritual life both as individuals and as members of a Spiritual Life Team. To date, teams have been all-female, all-male, and couples. More mixed men and women’s teams are being planned, as well as a “praying in sign language” Spiritual Life Team. For more information, contact Rev. Bobbie McKay.
gcc speaker’s forum
Our newly-resurrected GCC Speaker’s Forum offers informative, thoughtful and inspiring presentations by experts in their fields. Presented once a month on a Wednesday at 6:30 PM, many programs will be preceded by a community inter-generational dinner and also include an opportunity to engage in hands-on mission outreach. Current program information can be found at News & Upcoming Events but the following provides a list of dates and topics:
- September 11, 2019: Hands of Peace
- October 15, 2019: No Surrender book discussion and signing
- November 2, 2019: Children’s book event (book and author TBD) – this is a Saturday morning event
- November 6, 2019: The Night Ministry
- January 8, 2020: Community Renewal Society (presented with GCC’s Faith in Action Team)
- February 5, 2020: LGBTQ inclusion
- March 4, 2020: Anti-Muslim politics in the US
- April 1, 2020: Guest chef (TBD)
- May 6, 2020: Combatting global warming
For questions about events or to offer topic ideas, please contact Tom Aldrich.