Glenview Community Church Nursery School Director
Job Posting November 2019
Join our community! We are seeking a Director to enthusiastically lead our play-based developmental nursery school. This is a full time, salaried position, with health insurance benefits.
Glenview Community Church Nursery School has been serving families in the community since 1947. GCCNS is proud to be one of the first and most highly regarded nursery schools on the North Shore. GCCNS is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian community outreach of Glenview Community Church (GCC).
Our curriculum incorporates social, emotional, physical and cognitive concepts within the medium of play. Our goal is to meet the needs of each individual child, adjusting learning environments as the child grows and develops. The school enrolls children from approximately 100 families annually.
The GCCNS Director is the academic, programmatic and administrative leader of the Glenview Community Church Nursery School. The Director provides inspirational leadership, direction and guidance for teachers and staff. The GCCNS Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor of Glenview Community Church, is a member of the program staff, and strengthens the organic connection of GCCNS to GCC.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Support the educational philosophy of play-based education for the school
- Ensure a safe, clean and welcome environment for the staff, children and parents
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, and the GCCNS Board to foster a warm, receptive school environment
- Oversee the financial management of GCCNS
- Maintain compliance with DCFS standards, State of Illinois standards, and NAEYC accreditation guidelines
- Promote a positive, vital image of GCCNS in the community
- Supervise staff of 11 teachers and 1 administrative assistant; establish teacher contracts, manage ongoing performance and support continuing education opportunities
- Market the school to the community, engaging current and future families
- Communicate with clarity, grace, and empathy, in a timely, consistent manner, to ensure open communication within the school and between school and parents
- Maintain enrollment, and financial viability of the school
- Serve as member of the GCCNS Board and responsible for carrying out policies and financial decisions made by the GCCNS Board
- Participate in continuing education opportunities, professional societies and remain current in early childhood education literature and recent studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (Master’s preferred) with a focus on Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience in an accredited program
- Completion of appropriate coursework in Educational Administration as well as DCFS and NAEYC required coursework
- Technological proficiency to adequately support the school
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Financial and administrative acumen
- Frontline leadership capabilities, able to effectively manage a staff
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to Rev. Dr. Charles E. Mize at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Header: “GCCNS Director Position”.